Formal information for starters – the administrator of the BooksWars.com store is AJ Group based in the United Kingdom.
Short version – the most important information
We care about your privacy, but also about your time. That is why we have prepared an abridged version of the most important rules related to privacy protection for you.
• By creating an account in our online store, editing your profile, placing orders, contacting us, subscribing to the newsletter, you provide us with your personal data, and we guarantee that your data will remain confidential, secure and will not be shared with any third parties without your express consent.
• We use analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, which collect anonymous information about your visit to the store, such as the subpages that you have displayed, the time you spent on the website or the transitions between individual subpages.
• We use marketing tools, such as Facebook Pixel, Newsletter, to target you ads.
• The store has social functions, such as buttons for sharing content on social networks, likeboxes, or embedded materials from external websites. The use of these features requires the acceptance of third party cookies, such as Facebook or Google.
If the above information is not enough for you, you will find further details below.
The administrator of your personal data within the meaning of the provisions on the protection of personal data is AJ Group United Kingdom. The purposes, legal bases and processing period are indicated separately for each purpose of data processing (see the provisions below for a detailed description of the different purposes of data processing).
In connection with the processing of your personal data by us, you have the following rights:
1. the right to request access to their personal data, rectification, deletion or limitation of processing,
2. the right to object to the processing,
3. the right to transfer data,
4. the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data for a specific purpose, if you previously gave such consent,
5. the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body in relation to the processing of personal data by us.
The above rights can be exercised in accordance with the rules described in art. 16 – 21 GDPR, contacting us at email@example.com. We may refuse you to exercise certain rights from those indicated above in a situation where the implementation of a given right would be in conflict with the legitimate purpose of the data we process. For example, we may refuse to delete personal data contained in your order until the expiry of the period of limitation of claims for the contract concluded through the store.
Providing personal data by you is always voluntary, but necessary to create an account on the site, place an order, sign up for the newsletter, contact us, withdraw from the contract or file a complaint.
We guarantee the confidentiality of all personal data provided to us. We ensure that all security measures and protection of personal data required by the provisions on the protection of personal data are taken. Personal data is collected with due diligence and properly protected against access by unauthorized persons. Personal data are processed only within the territory of the European Union.
We entrust the processing of personal data to the following entities:
1. A hosting company based in the UK – to store data on the server,
2. A courier company – in order to deliver shipments with orders,
3. – in order to use the mailing system,
4. – in order to use the invoicing system,
5. Accounting company – in order to use the services of an external accounting office.
User account. By creating a user account in the store, you must provide your basic data, such as e-mail address, first and last name, and password.
You can modify your data assigned to your account at any time using the options available after logging in to your account.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data contained in the user’s account is the performance of a contract for keeping an account in the store, which you enter with the administrator based on the rules of the store.
Your personal data contained in your account is processed for the duration of your account, i.e. for the duration of the account agreement in the store referred to above. You can decide to delete your account at any time, which will also result in the removal of your personal data from the database. Remember, however, that deleting an account does not result in the removal of data about orders placed via the store.
Order. When placing an order through the store, you must provide your personal information necessary to complete the order, such as your name, email address, telephone number and address for the delivery of the order. You can also provide additional data, such as information about your business. If you have previously provided such data in your user account, then this data will be automatically substituted with the order form, but you can always modify it.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data contained in the order is the performance of the sales contract, which you include based on the regulations of the store.
The data provided in the order form will be stored in the store’s database and will be stored in it until the claims for the sale contract concluded via the store are time-barred. Each order is recorded as a separate item in the database. In addition to personal data, order details such as the date of order, subject and value of the order, chosen method of delivery and payment are also recorded.
Invoices. If, in connection with the order placed, we issue an invoice to you, we process your personal data to the extent necessary to issue an invoice. The legal basis for the processing of your data in this case is the fulfillment of the legal obligation to issue an invoice. In addition, all issued invoices are included in the accounting documentation, and as a result your data will naturally be processed as part of this documentation for the period required by law.
Returns and complaints. If you withdraw from the contract concluded through the store or file a complaint about purchased products, you provide us with the data contained in the withdrawal form or in the complaint form, and we process this data to implement the procedure of withdrawal from the contract or complaint procedure.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is in this case, the fulfillment of our legal obligations related to the procedure of withdrawal from the contract or complaint procedure.
Forms of withdrawal from the contract and complaint forms are archived by us. The fact of withdrawal from the contract or lodging a complaint is also recorded in the shop system.
Newsletter. Through the store you can subscribe to the newsletter containing information about new products, promotions, products and services related to the store. In order to send a newsletter, your personal data regarding your name and e-mail address are processed.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in the case of the newsletter is your consent expressed by selecting the relevant content of the checkbox when subscribing to the newsletter. You can withdraw your consent at any time by giving up receiving the newsletter.
The data is processed for the duration of the newsletter, unless you opt out of receiving the newsletter, which will delete the data from the database.
E-mail contact. By contacting us via e-mail, you naturally provide us with your e-mail address as the sender’s address. In addition, you can also include other personal information in the body of the message.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in this case is your consent resulting from initiating contact with us.
Your personal data provided to us as part of an e-mail contact is processed only to service your inquiry. The content of the correspondence may be archived.
Recovering abandoned carts. Our store is equipped with a mechanism for recovering abandoned carts. This means that if you complete the order form, but you do not complete the transaction, you will receive an email with a reminder about the possibility of completing the order. For the purposes of this procedure, your personal data related to the unfinished order is processed.
Cookies files and other tracking technologies
Cookies are small text information stored on your terminal device (eg computer, tablet, smartphone) that can be read by my IT system.
Cookies allow us to:
• ensure the proper functioning of the store you expect,
• remember to log in to your account every time you visit the store,
• remember your settings during and between visits to the store,
• improve the speed and security of using the store,
• enable you to share content on social networks,
• enable you to play content from external websites,
• improve the features available to you in the store,
• use marketing tools,
• send personalized ads to you.
You can find more details below.
Own cookies. Cookies can be divided into own and from third parties. As for own cookies, we use them for the proper operation of the store, and in particular for the following purposes:
• proper operation of the basket and the order process,
• determining whether you are logged in or not,
• remembering your login,
• noting the acceptance of the regulations and marketing consent.
Third party cookies. Our store, like most modern websites, uses features provided by external websites, such as Facebook or YouTube.
Playing YouTube videos embedded in YouTube’s embedded website is linked to the acceptance of YouTube cookies.
Using a widget that allows you to share content on social networks, connects to the acceptance of Facebook cookies and other social networking sites.
Third party cookies are also used as part of remarketing and as part of the statistical activities mentioned below.
Additional tracking tools. The store’s engine has a plug-in that allows you to be seen as a user visiting the store and to save the history of recently visited items.
Using the store involves sending queries to the server on which the store is stored. Each query addressed to the server is saved in the server logs.
Logs include Your IP address, server date and time, information about the web browser and operating system you are using. Logs are saved and stored on the server.
The data stored in the server logs are not associated with specific people using the website and are not used by us to identify you.
The server logs are only auxiliary material used to administer the site and their content is not disclosed to anyone except those authorized to administer the server.